What it is
Secure Inpatient for Children is designed for young people who need longer-term support and intense therapy services. This program is highly supervised due to the intensity of the children’s needs.
We are committed to providing mental and behavioral health stabilization and assess each child’s symptoms and needs in order to offer them the most effective treatment possible.
Who we serve
We serve children, ages 5 – 14. Trillium is the only provider of Secure Inpatient treatment for children and adolescents in Oregon, and this service is considered to be a state hospital level of care- all referrals must come through the state’s Health Services Division.
Services we provide
Secure and nurturing healing environment
- Locked facility
- Access to fenced and open recreation areas
- Therapeutic garden
- Sports fields
- Enclosed gym
- Therapeutic activities aimed at increasing social and emotional well-being
- Opportunities for home visits and community outings if appropriate
- 24-hour supervision by trained staff
- 24-hour access to nursing services
- Psychologist and medical physician for additional assessment as needed
- Medication management with an assigned child psychiatrist
- School instruction by licensed special education teacher during school year
- Individual, family, and group counseling utilizing evidence-based interventions such as DBT (Dialectical Behavior Therapy) and CPS (Collabrative Problem Solving)
- Targeting healthy coping strategies and community/home success
Individual, family-focused treatment
Each child receives an individual treatment plan targeting the child’s specific goals to encourage a timely and safe return to the community. The treatment team encourages each child’s family and community members to engage in treatment, which often facilitates a more seamless and effective transition once inpatient services are concluded.
How it is funded
All referrals must come through the state’s Health Services Division, who fund the service.
How we measure success
When children are in our residential treatment facility, our ultimate goal is prepare each child to return to their community safely and with the necessary skills to manage their mental health challenges. Each child is given an Individualized Plan of Care, which outlines areas of focus in treatment as well as long- and short-term goals to measuring the client’s progress in treatment. Goals are reviewed in formal meetings to discuss and review treatment progress and potential discharge from.
Trillium’s full array of services
Trillium Family Services offers the complete continuum of care, from prevention to secure inpatient level
mental health services. This facilitates seamless transitions and allows children to be treated in the most
appropriate, most effective, and least restrictive level of care possible.
Please contact our Access Department for more information or to make a referral:
SCIP is located at:
The Parry Center for Children
3415 SE Powell Blvd.
Portland, OR 97202