What it is
Trillium’s Psychiatric Residential Treatment Services program (PRTS) offers short-term, on-site psychiatric services for young people requiring 24-hour support for emotional and behavioral challenges.
We are committed to providing mental and behavioral health stabilization and assess each child’s symptoms and needs in order to offer them the most effective treatment possible.
Who we serve
We serve children and adolescents, ages 5 – 17 at the Portland campus and 10 – 17 at the Corvallis campus, who are struggling with mental health challenges and are in need of 24-hour residential treatment.
Services we provide
Secure and nurturing healing environment
- Locked facility
- Access to fenced and open recreation areas
- Therapeutic garden
- Labyrinth (at Portland location)
- Sports fields
- Enclosed gym
- Therapeutic activities aimed at increasing social and emotional well-being
- Opportunities for home visits and community outings if appropriate
- 24-hour supervision by trained staff
- 24-hour access to nursing services
- Psychologist and medical physician for additional assessment as needed
- Medication management with an assigned child psychiatrist
- School instruction by licensed special education teacher during school year
- Individual, family, and group counseling utilizing evidence-based interventions such as DBT (Dialectical Behavior Therapy) and CPS (Collabrative Problem Solving)
- Targeting healthy coping strategies and community/home success
Individual, family-focused treatment
Each child receives an individual treatment plan targeting the child’s specific goals to encourage a timely and safe return to the community. The treatment team encourages each child’s family and community members to engage in treatment, which often facilitates a more seamless and effective transition once inpatient services are concluded.
How it is funded
Clients receiving PRTS are funded either by their family’s private insurance coverage or by Oregon Health Plan (OHP). Trillium contracts with many different private insurance companies. Please contact your health insurance company to determine if psychiatric residential care is covered through your plan. Clients with OHP are often referred through their County Family Care Coordinator, WrapAround Coordinator, or other OHP representative.
How we measure success
When children are in our residential treatment facility, our ultimate goal is prepare each child to return to their community safely and with the necessary skills to manage their mental health challenges. Each child is given an Individualized Plan of Care, which outlines areas of focus in treatment as well as long- and short-term goals to measuring the client’s progress in treatment. Goals are reviewed in formal meetings to discuss and review treatment progress and potential discharge from PRTS.
Trillium’s full array of services
Trillium Family Services offers the complete continuum of care, from prevention to secure inpatient level
mental health services. This facilitates seamless transitions and allows children to be treated in the most
appropriate, most effective, and least restrictive level of care possible.
Please contact our Access Department for more information or to make a referral:
PRTS in the Portland Metro area is located at:
The Parry Center for Children
3415 SE Powell Blvd.
Portland, OR 97202
PRTS in the Mid-Willamette Valley area is located at:
Children’s Farm Home
4455 NE Highway 20
Corvallis, OR 97330