Assistant to the Medical DirectorLocation: Portland - Parry Center for Children
Program/Department: Physician's Services
Schedule: 20 hours week/schedule to be determined
Meet Trillium Family Services:
We are guided by the simple yet crucial mission of building brighter futures with children and families.
Our vision is to create safe communities where children are healthy, and every family has the opportunity for success. Families get the support they need – when and where they need it. There is a focus on prevention and health; organizations and systems are connected in a synergistic sanctuary community that generates: Non –violence, Growth and Change, Democracy, Emotional intelligence, Social learning, Open communication, and Social Responsibility.
Our investment in the future of each child means that the next generation of Oregonians will have the skills to contribute meaningfully through employment, community service, and raising their own healthy families.
At TFS we believe that every child and family can have a brighter future, through the love we bring together we can make this possible. There is so much need for mental and emotional support at all levels of our communities.
To take a behind the scenes look our programs please visit our website at https://www.trilliumfamily.org/
Are you ready to help “Build a Brighter Future?”
Main purpose of the Assistant to the Medical Director:
Perform full and complex administrative and secretarial functions of a highly responsible and confidential nature to Regional Medical Directors. Presents a positive image to all employees, public officials and the general public. It is vital to this position that the utmost discretion and confidentiality of information be maintained in conducting business.
- Exercise independent judgment and decision making as well as provides administrative assistance in handling incoming information, including email, and material for the Regional Medical Directors and staff Psychiatrists.
- Establishing effective work priorities within the office while remaining flexible and able to adapt to rapidly changing needs.
- Providing information and assistance to a full range of individuals contacting the Medical Director
- Compose and type correspondence, memos, schedules, reports and other projects. Prepares correspondence for review and signature. Routes or answers general inquiries.
- May research background material and collect data for reports, speeches, presentations, and correspondence.
- Coordinate and arrange travel for Directors and others as needed
- Meet and deal with individuals who contact the director team by phone or in person. Provides information and assistance as able or makes appropriate referrals.
- Maintain Directors calendar and schedules. Arranges and coordinates meetings, interviews and other commitments for the Medical Directors and other leaders as needed. Actively assists in recruitment activities as needed.
- Serve as liaison for other directors, managers and supervisors, administrative staff, medical staff and others, relaying messages and gathering information.
- Responsible for external contacts with various representatives/organizations outside TFS regarding schedules, communications, and confidential matters involved with the director team.
- Other duties as assigned
- Commitment to Open communication, Emotional Intelligence, Socially responsible, Social Learner, Democracy, Nonviolence, and Growth and change.
- Demonstrated computer and word processing skills
- Organized and Efficient
- Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat and clean
- Reports to work on time and as scheduled
- Works at maintaining a good rapport and a cooperative working relationship with physicians, departments and staff.
- Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
- Ensures compliance with policies and procedures regarding department operations, fire, safety, infection control, emergency management and ethical business practices
- Bachelor’s degree in a social science or business field preferred
- Maintain a driving record acceptable by the agency and a current driver’s license for state of residence, when authorized to use own vehicle for agency business, employee must maintain personal insurance
- Expert knowledge of administrative practices, procedures, and protocols. Advanced ability to use Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook). Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to plan, organize projects, and manage workflow with a great deal of latitude for independent judgment while maintaining the ability to balance multiple demands. A high level of tact and integrity due to the level and number of contacts, both internal and external, and the constant exposure to highly confidential health information.
- Understanding of medical terminology and processes, understanding of mental health population, knowledge in computer systems and scheduling
- Computer skills; word processing and data entry
Consideration of applicants will begin as soon as 08/27, and may close without notice.
INTERNAL APPLICANTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO SUBMIT A COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO THE HR DEPARTMENT FOR CONSIDERATION.
If you need accommodation to review the information and/or complete the application process, please contact the Human Resources Department.
Trillium Family Services is a drug free workplace. All final applicants will be subject to a criminal record identification check pursuant to ORS 181.536.727.537 and agency policy. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and Service Provider and support a culturally linguistically diverse governance, leadership and workforce.